Сo-owner and CEO of Translatel LTD, PhD, associate professor, author of dozens of scientific articles and textbooks in contrastive studies and translation
Oleksandr’s interests are industry-focused translators’ training practices, therefore he is:
- Author of a research (2013) aimed at monitoring market and academia expectations related to modern translator professional competences;
- Speaker at UTIC (2013—2016), TFR 2013, TEF 2015, TLC 2016;
- “Multilingual” magazine contributing author: “Academic expectations Vs industry reality”;
- GALA contributor member, speaker on the subject of “How Your Company Wins by Providing Translation Internships”;
- “Machine translation and information technologies in translation” department supervisor at Ukrainian Translator Trainers’ Union;
- Initiator of “CAT for Grad” project translating technological competences into learning outcomes;
- Co-author of Vox Translatorum and TranslAcademy educational initiatives, author of CAT for Grad;
- Russian Translation Industry Professional 2013 Award Winner.
TranslAcademy: Travel. Train. Translate.
TranslAcademy is a place to go to for discovering world’s best translators’ training practices that are presented in a form of interviews with different translation schools representatives. The spotlight is focused on written translators’ and interpreters’ professional development through a synergy among schools and collaborations in the field of Translation Studies. We create an inclusive participation platform that facilitates sharing ideas, experiences and innovative approaches for effectively contributing to the modern agenda of the translation market. Translation trainers, prospective school students and practitioners in translation are welcome here. Life-long learning and curiosity about countries and people are two passions that threw us together. Hope to share them with you!